Childcare First Aid Course Brisbane
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
Formerly HLTAID004 | Includes CPR (HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Book Your Course
📌 TIP: Use arrows ⬅️➡️ to change month.
Need help? Call us (07) 3872 6777
Get certified in 3 easy steps
BOOK & LEARN ONLINE
Book session from the booking calendar and complete video-based elearning.
Attend express practical or face-to-face session to demonstrate skills.
Upon successful completion, receive a digital statement of attainment!
Choose from 2 course formats:
EXPRESS PRACTICALBest for refreshers or those who prefer online self-paced learning.
2.25 hour practical session.
Pre-course online video learning (3 to 5 hrs self-paced)
Available at all public course locations.
FACE-TO-FACEBest for first-timers or those who enjoy face-to-face style learning.
7 hour face-to-face class.
Short online pre-course learning covering basics.
Available Wednesday 9AM at Deagon.
More course information
This course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults and applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
FIRST AID TOPICS COVERED:
- Stress management techniques and available support following an emergency situation, including the psychological impact on children.
- Infant, child anatomy and physiology and the consequences for provision of first aid.
- First aid requirements for services under the Education and Care Services National Law
- Abdominal Injuries, Chest Injuries
- Allergic Reactions, Asthma
- Assessing the Casualty
- Bandages and Slings, Fractures & Dislocations
- Bleeding – External
- Burns, Bites and Stings
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Choking, Spinal Injuries
- Drug Overdoses
- Eye and Head Injuries
- Safety Issues at Home and at Work
- Sprains, Strains and Bruising
- Traffic Accidents
- Unconscious Casualty
- What to do in an Emergency, Calling for Help
What our students say...
Childcare First Aid Course Brisbane – Enrol Today!
At My First Aid Course, we provide several engaging training courses to our local students. From CPR to our Childcare First Aid Course, Brisbane students have the choice of several interactive course options. Our instructors have decades of experience in the industry and understand how to engage students in active learning to promote memory and deep understanding. If you’re looking for a course that’s both fun and comprehensive, we invite you to enrol in one of our high-quality First Aid classes.