UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel &
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
CPR and LVR Course
*Former course codes: UETTDRRF06 and HLTAID001
- 1 hr Express Practical Assessment
w/ pre-course online learning.
Deagon, Chermside, Bridgeman Downs & Albion (or we come to your group)
What You’ll learn
This course will give you the the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
What You Will Receive
On successful completion of the CPR and LVR Course, which incorporates the contents of two unit, students will receive:
Public Course Delivery Method
- This delivery method is best suited to returning students that are audio-visual learners and confident in learning online.
- All the knowledge content of the training is delivered through our online learning system (Training Desk) and the theory component of the assessment is completed online, prior to a short face to face practical assessment.
- It is essential that students have access to a reliable online device and internet access.
- Study anywhere (home, work, etc.) & on any device (phone, computer, etc.)
- This course delivery type is best suited for hands on learners and first timers
- Students complete some online learning prior to the face to face training and assessment.
- All topics are covered in the face to face session along with all assessment elements.
- This is our preferred and signature delivery method as at My First Aid Course, we are all about interactive hands on training.
What participants are saying...
Great RTO… first experience with them recently was updating my cpr. The enrolment process was straightforward, the theoretical component clearly set out, and the practical component very well delivered. I’ll... read moreAnne V.24/02/22
I did a remote first aid course with Mal. I found it very informative and personable.Wesley S.22/02/22
Excellent course. Mal was very informative in a way that made the content easy to follow and absorb. He was also great at putting everyone at ease. Thanks again, Mal.Kylie K.26/10/21
I would recommend My first aid course to anyone who is looking for informative and professional delivery of first aid techniques and skills. Thank you for making my experience a... read moreJoshua W.07/10/21
Very professional and thorough. Highly recommended.Lindsay S.20/09/21
I did my remote first aid course with them. They are very proficient and professional in what they do. I highly recommend them.Partha M.28/06/21
Awesome demonstration of first aid leaving me very confident. Highly recommendCharles R.28/06/21
This was by far the best first aid training Ive ever done in my career. The instructor, Creg was very informative and good at explanation. Received my certificate within hours.Leaticia S.09/06/21
Done a First aid remote course very helpful highly recommendWill S.24/05/21
Excellent practical experience I had.
I am doing every year from here.
Go and book your self if you need to refresh your course or you are new comers.Priyanka P.22/05/21
Super quick and informative courseMeisha C.22/05/21
Wonderful instructor, funny and very well spoken. Would be keen to have him instruct other courses. Many thanks!Bailey H.22/05/21
How it Works - Extended Online Format
1. LEARN ONLINE
Simply complete the video based online training on your chosen device at home, workplace or wherever. We suggest re-watching the content just prior to attending.
2. ATTEND PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
* Your assessment will take approximately 30 minutes, and will require you tp perform a minimum of 2 mins. of CPR on a CPR manikin on the floor.
3. RECEIVE CERTIFICATE
On successful completion, you will receive a statement of attainment available for download from your Training Desk account, that is valid for 12 months from the course completion date.
Important Course Details
- Babies and children CPR
- Safety Issues at Home and at Work
- Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- First Aid Principles
- First Aid Hygiene and Infectious Diseases
- Using a defibrillator or AED Unit
- What to do in an Emergency, Calling for Help
- Performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
- Mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution, or rail work functions.
- Responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Once booked you will receive an email with details of your chosen training location and time
Simply complete your self paced online learning to be ready for your 30-minute face to face practical assessment.
Attend our hands-on assessment day and be sure to bring:
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Smart phone for online sign-on
Course durations reflect group sizes. If there are less students, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If your group is larger it may also be necessary to increase course length by up to 10%. This applies to Face to Face courses only!
Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions).
Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty.
Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.
Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face-to-face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/pre-course studies.
It is a requirement of this course that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Perform CPR on an infant (DRSABC)
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Perform CPR on an adult (DRSABCD)
- Low voltage panel rescue
Theory assessment – A written exam consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. All questions must be completed.
It is recommended that HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation be renewed every 12 months in line with industry standards.
UETDRRF004 Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel – Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel & HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation students will receive a certificate that is valid for 12 months from the course completion date.
Your Certificate(s) will be emailed to you on the next business day. If you need it urgently, please contact us at the time of booking via Notes section in your booking.
LV Panel & CPR Skills Set is a 5 hours course with 2 Units of Competency recorded on your Statement of Attainment:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- UETDRRF004 Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel
If a hard copy of the certificate is required, this needs to be requested in advance. An extra $5 will be added for this. Please note hard copies will take between up to 30 business days to arrive based on Australia post).
For further information on the course content, assessment, pre-course learning options and more go to: Further Course Information & Pre-Course Learning
A full copy of your rights and responsibilities as a student on any of these courses is outlined here. Click to open PDF Handbook in a new window.
My First Aid course has four payment options available when booking into public training courses.
- Payment via Debit / Credit Card online when booking into our training courses.
For more information on our payment terms, view our Course Fee Policy
Once you have booked your public course date we will not issue any refunds if you do not attend or have not completed your pre-course work book. You may change your course date to another date provided you have informed us 2 days /48 hours in advance of your original booked date. Any alternate date is subject to availability and must be taken within 2 months of your original booking date. A rescheduling fee of $15 for CPR, or $25 for all other courses will be incurred if no notice is given and you need to reschedule on the day of your course. (please see our full Refund & Cancellation Policy).
Why Train With Us?
Hand-On & Interactive
All courses are hands on, interactive and engaging, ensuring all learning styles are catered for. Plus, you may even have fun! We have the Best Reviews in Brisbane.
With 1000s of hours training experience, the highest trainer certification and exposure to varied training settings; from large corporations to small private venues, you can trust your instruction will be at the highest level.
Benefit from our quality short courses with online learning and quick certification turnaround.