Advanced First Aid Course (Includes CPR)
HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- Includes basic first aid and CPR certification (HLTAID011, HLTAID009)
- ADVANCED FIRST AID
(HLTAID014 + HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid)
$300 per person
6 hr Practical w/ pre-course online learning
Public individuals & private onsite groups.
- ADVANCED FIRST AID + ADVANCED RESUS.
(HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid, HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid+ HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation)
7 hr Practical w/ pre-course online learning
Contact us for cost and availability.
- ADVANCED FIRST AID
What You’ll Learn
In this course you will develop the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response to a casualty, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
What course participants had to say...
Great RTO… first experience with them recently was updating my cpr. The enrolment process was straightforward, the theoretical component clearly set out, and the practical component very well delivered. I’ll... read moreAnne V.24/02/22
I did a remote first aid course with Mal. I found it very informative and personable.Wesley S.22/02/22
Excellent course. Mal was very informative in a way that made the content easy to follow and absorb. He was also great at putting everyone at ease. Thanks again, Mal.Kylie K.26/10/21
I would recommend My first aid course to anyone who is looking for informative and professional delivery of first aid techniques and skills. Thank you for making my experience a... read moreJoshua W.07/10/21
Very professional and thorough. Highly recommended.Lindsay S.20/09/21
I did my remote first aid course with them. They are very proficient and professional in what they do. I highly recommend them.Partha M.28/06/21
Awesome demonstration of first aid leaving me very confident. Highly recommendCharles R.28/06/21
This was by far the best first aid training Ive ever done in my career. The instructor, Creg was very informative and good at explanation. Received my certificate within hours.Leaticia S.09/06/21
Done a First aid remote course very helpful highly recommendWill S.24/05/21
Excellent practical experience I had.
I am doing every year from here.
Go and book your self if you need to refresh your course or you are new comers.Priyanka P.22/05/21
Super quick and informative courseMeisha C.22/05/21
Wonderful instructor, funny and very well spoken. Would be keen to have him instruct other courses. Many thanks!Bailey H.22/05/21
Online + Practical Training - How it works
1. BOOK & COMPLETE ONLINE MODULES
Complete the short or extended video-based online learning at home or in the workplace.
2. ATTEND PRACITCAL
All training requires a face-to-face component. Extended online format is assessment only focussed. Face-to-face option includes a final theory test.
3. RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATE
Upon successful completion, you will receive a digital certificate, valid for 1 year from the course completion date.
Full Course Details
Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
Instruction on basic first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
The course covers recording casualty condition, completing workplace incident documentation and debriefing for recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Once booked you will receive an email with details of your chosen assessment location and time. Simply complete the video based online training on your chosen device at your convenience.
- Your online learning must be complete before attending your practical assessment.
- All modules will become green when this is finished
- To ensure you are fully prepared and confident for the practical assessment, rewatch the assessable topics carefully just prior to coming in.
When attending your chosen assessment location, on the day, remember to bring:
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Smart phone for online sign-on
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
It is recommended that this course be renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards, and that CPR training be renewed every 12 months.
You will receive on successful completion of the course, a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following units:
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
If a hard copy of the certificate is required, this needs to be requested in advance. An extra $5 will be added for this. Please note hard copies can take up to 30 business days to arrive (based on Australia post).
For further information on the course content, assessment, pre-course learning options and more go to: Further Course Information & Pre-Course Learning
A full copy of your rights and responsibilities as a student on any of these courses is outlined here. Click to open PDF Handbook in a new window.
My First Aid Course offers four payment options:
- Payment via eWay/STRIPE online when using an online booking system training desk.
- Please note that we are a partner of Allens Training
For more information on our payment terms, view our Course Fee Policy
Why Train With Us?
Hands-On & Interactive
The First Aid and CPR course in Brisbane we deliver is hands-on, interactive and engaging, ensuring all learning styles are catered for. Plus, our instructors make learning fun and always earn us great reviews from those who’ve taken the course.
With thousands of hours of training experience, you can trust your instruction will be at the highest level. We provide the highest trainer certification and exposure to varied training settings for individuals or businesses training staff.
You may benefit from our high-quality short courses that offer online learning and quick certification turnaround. This is a good route for those who excel at self-learning, are short on time, or need to study the course remotely.